Monday, October 27, 2008

[Audio] Skyzoo - Ghetto America


Above is a video of Skyzoo & Torae performing, "Get It Done", produced by DJ Premier. Below is track 19 in the Archive Series...

So at #19, this is “Ghetto America-2007″, produced by Hi-Tek. This is from my “Corner Store Classic” mixtape that I dropped in 2007. The tape was a huge success (XL rating in XXL mag, 4/5 on Rapmullet, etc), and the amount of downloads was insane. Kay Slay and Mick Boogie hosted it, and everyone from Sean Price to Maino to Nina B were all on it, so if you never got it, feel free to download it at www.datpiff.com. This song though was one of my favorites on it. The beat is a Talib instrumental that Hi-Tek did, and when I heard it, the story was already written in the sample. When I write, I do whatever the beat tells me to. I go off of the mood of the beat, and this one had it all written out. This song sums up alot of my upbringing as an 80’s baby (born in ‘82) and raised throughout the 80’s and 90’s. If youre from NY and were around during that time frame, you should remember everything that im talking about in the song. I made it completely visual and my hood is painted all through the bars. This is the type of shit my album is gonna sound like, so if you like this, you’re gonna ABSOLUTELY LOVE “The Salvation”, because the whole thing is like this but 10 levels higher. Speaking of which, im about 5 songs away from completion, and the mixtape is getting some steam on it too, so get ready. Without any further ado, here’s “Ghetto America”, produced by Hi-Tek. Holla - Skyzoo